Skymiles is the frequent flyer miles program for Delta Airlines.
|My value of a mile||$0.012|
|Major partner airlines||Air France, KLM, Alitalia, Korean Air|
Earn Miles Partners:
- Credit cards from Capital One, American Express (Canada)
- Credit cards from American Express (USA)
Best Uses of Delta Skymiles
- Last minute flights
- No late-ticketing fee and award space tends to open up last minute
- Accessing free one-way flights by routing appropriately
- Multi-Stop Itineraries
- Flights between North America and North Asia
Delta Skymiles have a serious problem with availability, especially for awards at the “low” level price point. Try searching for each leg of your flight independently (including using the entire month’s calendar) and then combine 2 or 3 one-way flights into a single itinerary to price it.
There is no discount for booking a one-way flight on Delta awards. You should always book a trip as a roundtrip (or a roundtrip with a stopover). If you only book one of the ways, you will be charged double the rate of your one-way has been priced (if you book one-way at the high level, you will be charged double miles of a high level one-way). You can always mix some low-level and high level flights on a single award.
Tips and Tricks for Delta Redemptions
- 1 stopover and 1 open-jaw allowed on any itinerary, including flights within North America
- Stopovers are only allowed in Delta hub cities
- If you are booking a roundtrip, use your stopover in your home city and get a free one-way flight anywhere else from your home city
- SEA-CDG, CDG-SEA, SEA-LAS will price out as SEA-CDG & CDG-LAS with a stopover in SEA
Delta Skymiles contact information:
Tel Number: 1-800-323-2323
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support, Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532